Terms & Conditions
FREE RIDER ADV LLC is a travel agency that offers motorcycle and off-road trips in Europe and internationally, by motorcycle or other types of vehicles (car), hereinafter referred to as the “Vehicle(s)”
FREE RIDER ADV LLC,registered in Delaware under the identification number 61-2034038 is a limited liability company. Its registered office is located at 651 N Broad St, Middletown, DE 19709, USA.
FREE RIDER ADV LLC is insured by GENERALI Generali Professionnels – 75456 Paris Cedex 09 under the contract n° AT084610 dated 11/02/2021 for Professional Liability Insurance.
The present terms and conditions of sale of FREE RIDER ADV LLC are composed of the Special Terms and Conditions of Sale (hereinafter, the “Special Terms and Conditions of Sale”), as set forth below:
I/ SPECIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
FREE RIDER ADV LLC (hereinafter, “FREE RIDER“), as presented in the preamble of the present General Terms and Conditions of Sale, offers a reservation service for tourist programs on motorcycles or other vehicles in various regions of the world (hereinafter, the “Tourist Services“), the formulas of which are detailed on the website: www.free-rider.fr (hereinafter, the “Website“).
The purpose of the present Special Conditions of Sale, hereinafter referred to as “Special Conditions“, is to define the conditions of reservation and participation in the Touristic Services for any person who wishes to contract with FREE RIDER in order to participate in the Touristic Services or trips (the “Road Trip”).
In this context, they define the respective rights and obligations of the customer, “Customer“, on the one hand, and FREE RIDER, on the other hand.
The Special Conditions of Sale specify in addition, the procedure of reservation of a Touristic Service, the policy of cancellation and refund practiced by FREE RIDER, the possible limitations of its responsibility towards the Customer as well as some information relative to the Touristic Services as a whole (risks, administrative and sanitary formalities, conditions of payment and participation, etc.).
In this context, they define the respective rights and obligations of the Customers, on the one hand, and FREE RIDER on the other hand, hereinafter referred to individually as a “Party”, or collectively the “Parties“.
The Special Conditions of Sale also specify the reservation procedure of a Touristic Service, the cancellation and refund policy practiced by FREE RIDER, the possible limitations of its responsibility towards the Clients as well as some information related to the Touristic Services as a whole (risks, administrative and sanitary formalities, payment and participation conditions, etc.).
2. CONTRACTUAL DOCUMENTS
The Customer recognizes that the reservation of the Tourist Services with FREE RIDER as well as the conditions of participation in these services, are exclusively governed by the following contractual documents:
– The Conditions of Sale, consisting of the GTC and the Special Conditions of Sale, (the “Special Conditions of Sale“).
– The registration form communicated by FREE RIDER for the reservation of a Tourist Service stating the essential characteristics of this service and the possible specific conditions related to it.
– The Information Notice on the Risks (in Annex 1) to be signed and given by the Customer to FREE RIDER before the beginning of any Touristic Service.
The Customer acknowledges that the above-mentioned documents form an indivisible contractual whole, the “Contract“, and expressly commits himself, by accepting the present, to comply with all the above-mentioned documents within the framework of his reservation and/or his participation to any tourist service with FREE RIDER.
3. MODIFICATION OF THE PARTICULAR CONDITIONS OF SALE
THE SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF SALE APPLICABLE ARE THOSE IN FORCE AT THE DATE OF THE RESERVATION, AS DEFINED HEREIN.
However, FREE RIDER can be brought to modify the Particular Conditions of Sale at any time, without notice.
FREE RIDER will update the Special Conditions of Sale by indicating the date of the last update at the top of the present document.
Any customer who wishes to reserve a tourist service must accept the Special Conditions of Sale in their entirety, including their latest update that was notified to him. If the Customer does not agree to the current Special Conditions of Sale, the Customer cannot proceed to the purchase or to the reservation of a Tourist Service proposed by FREE RIDER.
4. PRE-CONTRACTUAL INFORMATION
FREE RIDER informs the Customer, in writing before the validation of their reservation, of the content of the selected Touristic Service concerning the transport and the stay, the price and the payment terms, the conditions of cancellation of the reservation as well as the conditions of crossing the borders.
This information will be available to the Customer when FREE RIDER communicates the quote and will be recapitulated in the registration form thereafter.
The Customer is informed that FREE RIDER expressly reserves the right to modify the information previously communicated to the Customer, before the date of the reservation. Any modification of the information will be communicated to the Customer, before the date of the reservation.
FREE RIDER informs the Customer, prior to the validation of his reservation, and in particular within the registration form, of all the information referred to in the said article, namely: “…information on prices, dates and other elements of the services provided during the trip such as :
1. The destination, means, characteristics and categories of transport used
2. The type of accommodation, its location, its level of comfort and its main characteristics, its approval and its tourist classification in accordance with the regulations or customs of the host country
3. The proposed catering services
4.The description of the itinerary when it is a tour
5. The administrative and health formalities to be completed by nationals or citizens of another Member State of the European Union or of a State party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area in the event of border crossings, as well as the deadlines for completion
6.The visits, excursions and other services included in the Tourism Service or possibly available at an additional cost
7. The minimum or maximum size of the group allowing for the realization of the trip or stay as well as, if the realization of the trip or stay is subject to a minimum number of participants, the deadline for informing the consumer in the event of cancellation of the trip; this date cannot be set at less than twenty-one days before departure
8.The amount or percentage of the price to be paid as a deposit at the conclusion of the contract and the schedule for payment of the balance;
9.The terms of price revision
10. Cancellation conditions”.
In addition, FREE RIDER informs the Customer about :
1. The name and address of the seller, his guarantor and his insurer as well as the name and address of the organizer
2.The destination or destinations of the trip
3. The means, characteristics and categories of transport used, the dates and places of departure and return
4.The type of accommodation, its location, its level of comfort and its main characteristics and its tourist classification according to the regulations or customs of the host country
5. The proposed catering services
6. The itinerary when it is a circuit
7. Visits, excursions or other services included in the total price of the trip
8. The total price of the services invoiced as well as the indication of any possible revision of this invoicing
9. The indication, if any, of fees or taxes related to certain services such as landing or embarkation taxes in ports, tourist taxes when they are not included in the price of the services provided
10. The methods by which the Customer may file a claim with FREE RIDER for non-performance or poor performance of the contract, which must be sent as soon as possible, by any means allowing to obtain an acknowledgement of receipt to FREE RIDER.
11. The deadline for informing the Customer in case of cancellation of the trip or stay by FREE RIDER in the case where the realization of the trip or stay is linked to a minimum number of participants.
12. Cancellation conditions
13. The details concerning the covered risks and the amount of the guarantees under the insurance contract covering the consequences of the professional civil liability of FREE RIDER;
14. The deadline for information of FREE RIDER in case of transfer of the contract by the Customer;
15. The commitment to provide the Customer, at least ten days before the scheduled date of departure, the following information: The name, address and telephone number of the local representative of FREE RIDER
16. The clause of cancellation and reimbursement without penalties of the sums paid by the Customer in case of non-compliance with the information obligation
17. The commitment to provide the Customer with the departure and arrival times in good time before the start of the trip.
FREE RIDER proposes various formulas of Tourist Services:
(i) A travel package with a guide: “Guided Road Trip” package;
(ii) A travel formula without a guide: “Non-guided road trip” formula:
(iii) A customized formula: “100% Personalized” formula.
5.1. Guided road trip formula
The formula “Guided Road Trip”designates the FREE RIDER offer proposing to the Customer to travel in an organized group, following a circuit entirely elaborated in advance by FREE RIDER
The Customer may form his or her own group, in order to follow a Road Trip prepared in advance by FREE RIDER. The rates charged are negotiated with the different service providers according to the number of people in the group.
The minimum number of participants varies according to the destination and is indicated for each Road Trip on its specific description on the Site.
5.2. Non-guided road trip formula
The “Non-guided Road Trip” formula refers to the offer for which the Customer can leave in complete autonomy with minimal logistics on the part of FREE RIDER, i.e. the possible provision of a motorcycle according to the selected Touristic Service, GPS tracks, and the reservation of hotel nights for the duration of the Road Trip.
5.3. 100% Customized” formula
The “100% Customized” formula refers to the offer for which the Customer can create his own group and design his own tour. The rates charged by FREE RIDER are negotiated with the different service providers according to the number of people in the group.
The formulas offered by FREE RIDER are detailed and accessible on the Site.
Regardless of the formulas chosen, the Touring Service selected by the Client may require different levels of difficulty, depending on certain elements such as: the itinerary, the destination country or the level of motorcycle riding required, in addition to any other specific conditions specified in the description of the Touring Service.
Different levels of difficulty exist depending on the tourist services offered.
These levels of difficulty and any specific conditions are specified in the specific description of the Road Trip on the Site.
These levels of difficulty are provided for information purposes only, and it is up to the Customer, and the Customer alone, to evaluate his or her abilities with respect to the said level of difficulty.
It is strongly recommended that the Client carefully read the description and any specific conditions communicated on the program and the registration form, particularly with regard to prerequisites, risk levels indicated, etc.
These levels of difficulty and any specific conditions will be specified in the corresponding registration form for the selected Touristic Service.
6. SERVICES INCLUDED AND NOT INCLUDED
DETAILED DESCRIPTION IN THE QUOTE AND CONFIRMATION IN THE REGISTRATION FORM
A description of the Touristic Service, showing the services included and not included in it, is communicated to the Customer in the estimate communicated at his request as well as the corresponding price including VAT.
If the Client accepts the estimate, all the services included and not included, as well as the price agreed upon for them, will be recapitulated on the registration form, before validation of the reservation by the Client.
The Customer must refer to the final description that appears in the registration form
FREE RIDER reserves the right to modify the constituent elements or conditions of realization of the Touristic Service, and will inform the Customer before the date of the reservation of the Touristic Service.
6.1 SERVICES INCLUDED (AS A GUIDE)
- Accommodation for each night of the Road Trip. Accommodation will be in single, double or twin rooms. The price of the tour is based on double occupancy, unless the single room supplement is paid. FREE RIDER, at the request of the Customer, will try to find a person to share the room. In case of impossibility, the client will have to pay the single room supplement.
- Most Road Trips include all breakfasts, as specified in the individual Road Trip description.
- Some dinners, as specified in the individual description of the Road Trip.
- Assistance vehicle, available to carry one piece of luggage per person for Road Trips outside Europe.
- For Road Trips in Europe, the assistance vehicle is optional, as specified in the individual Road Trip description.
- Tourist guides. In addition to the assistance vehicle, one or more tour guides will be available per Road Trip, depending on the number of participants per Road Trip.
- Information file on the Road Trip. Approximately 30 days before the Road Trip, and after receipt of full payment for the Touring Service, the Client receives a file containing all the information he or she needs to prepare for the Road Trip.
- The activities that are specifically identified in the individual description of the Road Trip.
- Motorcycle rental for the Tourist Services including motorcycle rental.
- VIP+ roadside insurance for Road Trips in the United States including motorcycle rentals.
- The guarantee of the selected motorcycle model subject to availability for Road Trips in the United States including motorcycle rental.
6.2 SERVICES NOT INCLUDED (AS AN INDICATION)
- FREE RIDER DOES NOT MAKE ANY RESERVATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS AS PART OF THE TOURIST SERVICE.
The Client must take all necessary steps, such as booking tickets for international flights, to ensure his or her travel to the place of the Touristic Event and return home.
These reservations and the costs they generate remain the sole responsibility of the Client. In addition, certain uses of transportation during the Touristic Service remain at the sole expense of the Client.
FREE RIDER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RESERVATION OF TRANSPORTATION BY THE CUSTOMER WITH THE CARRIERS, AND THE PROPER EXECUTION OF THESE SERVICES BY THE LATTER.
FREE RIDER does not provide any assistance to the realization of the operations of delivery of the international transport titles by the air or rail carriers. These operations must be carried out by the air or rail carriers directly or by means of their own automated equipment implemented under their responsibility.
Any delay or incident related to the international transport cannot be imposed to FREE RIDER, and it is up to the Customer to ensure his own transport in order to be present for the beginning of the Touristic Event, under the conditions that have been indicated to him, and failing that to ensure at his own expense a fallback solution in order to join the group, subject to its acceptance by FREE RIDER.
- FREE RIDER does not provide any service of visas or vaccinations that would be mandatory to enter the territory where the Touristic Service takes place.
THE CUSTOMER, DULY INFORMED BY FREE RIDER OF THE OBLIGATION TO UPDATE HIS/HER VACCINATIONS AND/OR TO PROCEED WITH THE ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES RELATED TO OBTAINING VISAS, IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROPER COMPLETION OF THESE PROCEDURES.
It is the responsibility of the customer to check and be informed of the time required to obtain visas and/or vaccines that are applicable in his particular case, in addition to the information provided by FREE RIDER.
THE CUSTOMER IS INFORMED OF THE IMPORTANCE OF PROCEEDING WITH THE NECESSARY STEPS TO OBTAIN VISAS AND MANDATORY VACCINATIONS.
IF THESE CONDITIONS ARE DECISIVE FOR THE PARTICIPATION IN THE TOURIST SERVICE, THE CLIENT WHO IS INFORMED OF THEM WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE NON-COMPLIANCE WITH THE CONDITIONS RELATED TO OBTAINING VISAS AND/OR MANDATORY VACCINATIONS AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TURN AGAINST FREE RIDER IF HE/SHE CANNOT PARTICIPATE IN THE TOURIST SERVICE DUE TO THIS FACT ALONE.
- Lunch and dinner unless specified in the individual description of the Road Trip.
- Motorcycle driver’s liability insurance for Road Trips in the United States including motorcycle rental (SLI $300,000).
- Mandatory motorcycle rental deposit for Road Trips in the United States including motorcycle rental.
- The subscription to a travel insurance contract is not included in the services.
- Alcoholic beverages are not included.
- Items of a personal nature are not included.
- Any item not listed as included is not included.
The above elements are provided as an indication and are confirmed (services included and not included) in the estimate and the registration form.
7. ADMINISTRATIVE AND HEALTH FORMALITIES
Participation in a Tourist Service, especially when crossing borders, may require the Client to comply with administrative and/or health formalities.
Information is provided by FREE RIDER to the Customer about the administrative and / or health formalities that must be respected, in the quote and registration form sent to him.
Before departure, it is the Customer’s responsibility to verify that he/she has a valid identity document (passport, national identity card if sufficient) as well as any other specific administrative document that may be required (visa, ESTA authorization for the United States, etc.).
It is the Client’s responsibility to verify that he/she has all the necessary personal documents to travel to the destination(s) of the Touristic Service and to legally drive a motor vehicle (the “Vehicle”) there (national and international license valid for the category of vehicle used).
Some transport companies such as airlines may also set up specific formalities to be respected. It is the Customer’s responsibility to check these formalities when booking the tickets.
The indications relating to administrative and sanitary formalities in the contractual documents of FREE RIDER are provided to the Customer for information purposes.
In addition to this information, it is strongly recommended that the Customer
- Find out about the destination of your trip from the competent authorities, such as the embassy or consulate in France, or from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, as well as from the town hall for administrative formalities;
- To consult the following official websites, in addition to the information on the travel program and on the Site
– On the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in France, the file of the country of destination; and in particular the following addresses
– The official ESTA website, in case of departure to the United States
– For health risks: websites of the Ministry of Health and the World Health Organization (WHO), and the “Health” section of each country file of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
7.1 PROCEDURE AND COSTS FOR OBTAINING VISAS
When the administrative formalities to be completed in order to enter one or more countries of the trip require obtaining a visa or any other type of authorization, FREE RIDER informs the French nationals. It is the responsibility of the Customer of French nationality to complete the formalities for obtaining the visa or other authorizations with the competent authorities and at its expense.
The foreigners must inform themselves before undertaking a trip about the administrative and sanitary formalities required by the competent embassies or consulates. It is the Customer’s responsibility to verify that the documents, notably administrative and sanitary, required for the completion of the Road Trip, are in conformity with the information provided by FREE RIDER.
FREE RIDER cannot, in any case, be held responsible for the consequences of the Customer’s failure to comply with the police, customs or sanitary regulations, before and during the trip. A Customer who could not board a flight because of not presenting the required documents mentioned on the registration form that was given to him, could not claim any refund.
7.2 SPECIFIC FORMALITIES REQUIRED FOR ENTRY OR TRANSIT THROUGH THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Since January 12, 2009, all French travelers going to the United States or transiting through the United States for a tourist trip not exceeding 90 days, must be in possession of an ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) electronic authorization before boarding a plane to the United States.
Travelers must fill out the ESTA forms online at www.cbp.gov/esta (official website in English)
and/or on the website page: https://fr.usembassy.gov/fr/esta.html (website in French) at the latest 72 hours before departure.
FREE RIDER recommends the Customer to carry out this administrative procedure, because if he is not able to present this authorization at the time of his boarding, the access on board will be refused and his trip compromised.
Applications for ESTA authorization or renewal are paid online by credit card at the time of application and/or renewal. Foreign travelers wishing to travel to the United States or to transit through the United States are invited to inquire about the required formalities with the competent authorities, and FREE RIDER remains at their disposal to help them.
The Customer is informed that all the above information is likely to change at any time, until the day of departure, especially in case of health risk (e.g. epidemic) or bad weather.
It is the responsibility of each Customer to check with the competent authorities that the information he/she has is still valid and thus to inform himself/herself of the possible update of the administrative and/or sanitary formalities that he/she must accomplish, until the day before his/her departure.
Moreover, it is the sole responsibility of the Customer to follow all the recommendations issued in particular in case of health risk, by the competent authorities in France and on the spot by the organizations recognized in the health field (e.g.: WHO), or by FREE RIDER.
FREE RIDER provides information on administrative and sanitary formalities for French nationals; foreign nationals must, in addition to the information provided, contact the competent authorities and organizations in their country of residence and/or origin before departure, in order to verify the information relevant to their particular case.
THE CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HE/SHE ALONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLYING WITH THE ADMINISTRATIVE AND/OR SANITARY FORMALITIES OF WHICH HE/SHE HAS BEEN INFORMED AND WHICH ARE SPECIFIC TO THE DESTINATION OF THE TOURIST SERVICE.
FREE RIDER CAN IN NO WAY BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF NON-COMPLIANCE WITH ANY RECOMMENDATION ISSUED BY COMPETENT AUTHORITIES OR ORGANIZATIONS, WITH REGARD TO TRAVELERS, OR FOR NON-COMPLIANCE WITH ANY REQUIRED FORMALITY, BY THE CUSTOMER.
THE CUSTOMER UNDERTAKES TO KEEP HIMSELF INFORMED AND TO RESPECT ALL THE INFORMATION AND RECOMMENDATIONS MENTIONED ABOVE WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE PRESENT CONTRACT.
The subscription to an insurance contract is not included in the services.
The subscription to an insurance policy is not compulsory for the purchase of a Road Trip proposed by FREE RIDER but is however strongly recommended to the Customer in order to cover the risks inherent to the Touristic Services in order to cover the damages caused to the Customer and/or to third parties.
FREE RIDER cannot be held responsible for the failure of the Customer to subscribe to an adequate risk insurance.
Without proper travel insurance, Customer understands and agrees that if Customer cancels or interrupts the trip for any reason, portions of the trip/tour may not be refunded and FREE RIDER’s and travel suppliers’ cancellation penalties will apply, resulting in the loss of money up to the full cost of Customer’s trip reservation and related fees.
9. REQUEST FOR QUOTATION
The Customer who wishes to get information about a Touristic Service has the possibility to ask FREE RIDER for a quote, notably on the Site via the form provided for this purpose.
9.1 ONLINE QUOTATION REQUEST
When requesting a quotation, the Customer authorizes FREE RIDER to contact him in order to elaborate this quotation.
FREE RIDER will contact the Customer in order to exchange with him and to communicate the estimate to him, at the coordinates indicated by the Customer, by phone or by e-mail.
9.2 OTHER WAYS TO REQUEST A QUOTE
The Customer may also request a quote from FREE RIDER by phone.
9.3 CONTENT OF THE QUOTATION
The estimate established by FREE RIDER specifies the content of the proposed services related to the Road Trip, the price and the payment terms, the cancellation conditions as well as the border crossing conditions.
THE CUSTOMER IS INFORMED THAT THE ESTIMATE SENT BY FREE RIDER IS A PURELY INDICATIVE DOCUMENT, WITH A SIMPLE INFORMATIVE VALUE.
IT IS NOT BINDING ON THE CUSTOMER OR ON FREE RIDER AND IS ESTABLISHED SOLELY ON THE BASIS OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE CUSTOMER AND ON A SPECIFIC DATE, WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO THE CONTRACTUAL CONDITIONS APPLICABLE ON THE DATE OF THE RESERVATION AS DEFINED IN ARTICLE 25 HEREOF.
The price indicated in the estimate is the price including VAT charged by FREE RIDER for the concerned Touristic Service, at the date of the estimate. The possible reservation fees or additional costs are also specified to the Customer. All these elements are subject to change or modification by FREE RIDER, which the Customer is expressly informed.
ONLY THE REGISTRATION FORM AND THE ATTACHED TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE, AS WELL AS THE RISK INFORMATION NOTICE (IN APPENDIX 1) TO BE RETURNED TO FREE RIDER SIGNED BEFORE DEPARTURE, ARE TO BE CONSIDERED AS DOCUMENTS WITH CONTRACTUAL VALUE COMMITTING THE PARTIES TO THE RESERVATION OF A TOURIST SERVICE, IN ACCORDANCE WITH ARTICLE 2 OF THESE SPECIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE.
10. STEPS OF THE RESERVATION
10.1 RESERVATION THROUGH THE WEBSITE
The steps of a reservation on the Site are the following:
1. The Customer requests a quote online, by clicking on the “Contact & Quote” tab and then fills in the relevant form;
- The Customer is contacted by FREE RIDER (the elaboration of an estimate can be the subject of a series of exchanges between FREE RIDER and the Customer);
- A quotation is sent to the Customer, as well as all the necessary pre-contractual information and FREE RIDER’s Terms and Conditions of Sale, by e-mail or by mail (contact information indicated by the Customer);
- If the Customer accepts the quote, he/she will indicate it to FREE RIDER in writing, which will send him/her a corresponding registration form and the Sales Conditions, by e-mail or mail (contact details indicated by the Customer);
- If he agrees with the registration form and the Sales Conditions, the Customer proceeds to the payment of the deposit by following the payment instructions of FREE RIDER, he returns the registration form and the Sales Conditions signed, preceded by the required mentions (read and approved) to FREE RIDER, by email or mail.
The Customer proceeds to the payment of the deposit by bank transfer to the coordinates communicated by FREE RIDER. The Customer undertakes to clearly mention the invoice number within the transfer.
A confirmation of registration is sent to the Customer in writing (by e-mail or by post), with the following attachments
(i) Registration Form;
(ii) The Terms of Sale;
(iii) The Risk Information Notice (in Annex 1) to be returned signed to FREE RIDER before the departure;
The confirmation of reservation indicates the deadline for payment of the balance.
If necessary, an e-mail or letter of reminder is sent to the FREE RIDER in order to proceed to the payment of the balance within the time indicated by FREE RIDER.
A confirmation of the payment of the balance is sent in writing to the Customer (by e-mail or by mail), after validation of the payment.
10.2 OFFLINE BOOKING
IF A TRIP CAN BE BOOKED OFFLINE OR BY E-MAILThe steps of an offline booking are as follows:
1. The Customer requests a quote by e-mail, phone or during a physical meeting with FREE RIDER.
The rest of the steps are identical to the steps for a reservation on the Site described in Article 10.1 hereof.
The prices of the Tourist Services are indicated to the Client in Euros and inclusive of all taxes. The amount corresponding to the deposit is indicated to the Client as a percentage of the total price of the reservation, in addition to the indication of its amount including VAT.
Prices are displayed on the Site as an indication. They are subject to change or modification by FREE RIDER, under the conditions provided by the Special Conditions of Sale. Similarly, the prices (including the deposit) indicated on the estimate communicated to the Customer correspond to the prices charged by FREE RIDER at the date of preparation of the estimate and are communicated only as an indication.
THE PRICE AND THE DEPOSIT APPLICABLE TO THE RESERVATION OF ANY TOURIST SERVICE ARE THE PRICE INCLUDING TAX AND THE DEPOSIT IN PERCENTAGE INDICATED ON THE REGISTRATION FORM SENT TO THE CUSTOMER.
The mention of the price including VAT on the registration form is without prejudice to any additional costs or fees that may be charged to the Customer, for the selection of options or any additional or subsequent reservation that the Customer may have to make, or due to external circumstances resulting in a change in the price of the reservation, in accordance with the Special Conditions of Sale. The Customer is informed of any additional costs that may be charged, in a clear and legible manner, as well as whether or not these costs are optional.
The total price including VAT indicated for the reservation of a Touristic Service corresponds to the price charged by FREE RIDER at the date of reservation as defined in the present document. This price covers only the services included in the Touristic Service, as specified in the registration form.
The Customer is informed that FREE RIDER is likely to modify this price, and this only taking into account the following elements:
(a) Transportation costs, including fuel costs;
b) Fees and taxes related to the services offered, such as embarkation or disembarkation taxes in ports;
c) The exchange rates applied to the trip or stay in question (…)”.
The Client will be informed in writing, if necessary, and this price increase cannot occur after the deadline set at thirty (30) days before the start date of the Touristic Service. After this deadline, the price is firm and definitive.
If an additional cost is generated by the cancellation of one or more Clients, as a result of which the minimum number of participants required – of which the Client was informed prior to contracting – is no longer reached, the Client may maintain the reservation on condition that he/she and the other Clients who are still registered bear the additional cost generated by this cancellation. Otherwise, the reservation will be cancelled, without prejudice to the application of any cancellation fees as defined herein.
12. TERMS OF PAYMENT
The Customer proceeds to the payment of the price by following the instructions of FREE RIDER, in accordance with the present terms.
Authorized means of payment
– Payment by bank transfer
The Customer then undertakes to include his invoice number
– Payment by credit card is not allowed.
– Payment by bank check is not authorized.
By making a payment to FREE RIDER, the Customer declares to be authorized to use the payment method used.
12.1 PAYMENT OF THE DEPOSIT AND THE BALANCE
The Customer will pay the deposit and the balance within the time limit indicated by FREE RIDER when confirming the reservation by means of one or several bank transfers. Failing this, the reservation will be cancelled at the sole expense of the Customer (non-return of the deposit, if any, and without prejudice to any cancellation fees) according to the scale mentioned below.
The reservation is considered final upon receipt by the Client of the electronic confirmation of the reservation. A deadline for payment of the balance is indicated to the Client at the time of confirmation.The Customer will proceed to the payment of the balance by one or several bank transfers within the given time limit
For any registration made more than 45 calendar days before the departure date of the Road Trip, FREE RIDER will proceed to the collection of a deposit of 30% of the total amount of the Road Trip The balance of the trip price must be paid and cashed by FREE RIDER at the latest 45 days before the departure date. Any delay in the payment of the balance will be considered as a cancellation by you for which the cancellation fees mentioned in article 8 below will be applied.
For any registration made less than 45 calendar days before the departure date, the customer will have to pay the full amount of the trip.
FREE RIDER will issue an invoice to the Customer upon confirmation of the reservation.
Any payment from the Customer is subject to a written confirmation by FREE RIDER.
13. MODIFICATION, CANCELLATION, TERMINATION OF THE RESERVATION AND REFUND
IN CASE OF MODIFICATION, CANCELLATION OR TERMINATION OF THE RESERVATION, NO REFUND OR COMPENSATION CAN BE PROVIDED TO THE CLIENT EXCEPT IN THE CASES EXPRESSLY REFERRED TO IN THIS ARTICLE, EXCEPT FOR MANDATORY LEGAL PROVISIONS TO THE CONTRARY.
13.1 BEFORE DEPARTURE
– Impossibility to respect one of the essential elements of the Touristic Service before departure
When, before the departure, the respect of one of the essential elements of the Touristic Service is made impossible by an external event which imposes itself to FREE RIDER, and/or to the Receiving Partner, FREE RIDER will inform the Customer as soon as possible and will inform him of the faculty he has either to cancel his reservation, or to accept the modification proposed by FREE RIDER.
This warning and information will be confirmed in writing to the Customer, who must make his choice known as soon as possible. In the event of termination, the Customer is entitled, without incurring any penalties or costs, to a refund of all sums paid by him.
This article also applies in the event of a significant change in the price of the reservation.
– Significant price increase before departure
When, before the departure of the Customer, FREE RIDER or the motorcycle rental company (the “Specialized Partner“) is forced to make a change to one of the essential elements of the reservation, such as a significant increase in price and when it ignores the obligation of information, the Customer may, without prejudice to remedies for damages suffered, and after being informed by FREE RIDER by any means that allows to obtain an acknowledgment:
– Either cancel the reservation and obtain an immediate refund of the amount paid without penalty
– Or accept the modification or the substitution trip proposed by FREE RIDER; a contractual amendment specifying the modifications made is then signed by the Parties; any price reduction is deducted from the sums still owed by the Customer and, if the payment already made by the latter exceeds the price of the modified service, the amount received must be returned to him before the date of his departure
– Cancellation by FREE RIDER before departure
When, before the departure of the Customer, FREE RIDER cancels the Touristic Service, it must inform the Customer by any means allowing to obtain an acknowledgement of receipt; this last one, without prejudice to the recourse in repair of the possibly undergone damages, obtains from FREE RIDER the immediate refunding and without penalty of the paid amounts.
The provisions of this article do not prevent the conclusion of an amicable agreement between the Parties for the acceptance, by the Customer, of a substitute trip or stay proposed by FREE RIDER.
– Cancellation by FREE RIDER in the absence of fault of the Customer before the departure
When, before departure, FREE RIDER cancels the reservation in the absence of fault of the Customer, the totality of the sums paid by the latter is restored to him.
– Modification or cancellation of the reservation by the Client
In case of modification of one of the elements of the reservation by the Client, the Client will be charged an additional fee without prejudice to the eventual costs related to the modification of the reservation after signing the registration form, according to the following scale.
|FROM THE START DATE OF THE TOUR||AMOUNTS RETAINED|
|More than 45 calendar days||30% of the total amount of the services|
|Between 31 and 45 calendar days||50% of the total amount of the services|
|Between 20 and 30 calendar days||75% of the total amount of benefits|
|Less than 20 calendar days||100% of the total amount of the benefits|
|No-show on the day of departure||100% of the total amount of the benefits|
Scale of partial cancellation fees, except in special cases: If one or more Clients registered on the same Registration Form cancel(s) their participation in a Road Trip that is maintained for the other Clients:
– For personal services (not shared): the cancellation fee schedule above will be calculated for the traveler(s) who cancel(s) on the price of the unused services of the trip at the date of cancellation
– For shared services: a fee equal to 100% of the price (including tax) provided to the Customer for his or her participation in the shared services, regardless of the date of cancellation, will be charged to the Customer(s) who cancel(s) on their share of the shared services of the trip.
When several Customers have registered on the same Registration Form and one of them cancels his trip, the cancellation fees are deducted from the sums collected by FREE RIDER for this file, regardless of the author of the payment.
Special cases :
– 100% cancellation fee may be applied upon registration on some hotels.
– FREE RIDER may offer the Customer products that are exceptional either because of very low prices, or on dates that correspond to important events (high tourist season) or for other reasons that may lead to the modification of the cancellation fee schedule. In such cases, the applicable cancellation fee will be indicated on the pre-trip information document. The other provisions hereof shall continue to apply.
In case of cancellation, for any reason whatsoever, the expenses outside the trip subscribed to FREE RIDER and incurred by the Customer such as transportation costs to the place of departure of the Road Trip and return home, costs of obtaining visas, travel documents, vaccination costs, will not be reimbursed.
The Client’s reservation is final upon payment of the deposit. It cannot be reimbursed except for the reasons strictly enumerated herein.
In addition, the Customer may be liable for the full price, depending on the time period within which the Customer gives notice of cancellation as provided herein.
13.2 AFTER DEPARTURE
– Defect of one of the essential elements of the Tourist Service after departure
When, after the departure, one of the essential elements of the contract cannot be executed, FREE RIDER will propose, unless impossible and duly justified, to the Customer services in replacement of those which are not provided.
FREE RIDER will take charge of the resulting additional costs or will reimburse the difference in price between the planned and delivered services.
If the Customer does not accept the proposed modification, FREE RIDER will provide him with the necessary tickets for his return.
– Impossibility to execute the Touristic Service after the departure
When, after the departure, FREE RIDER is unable to provide a major part of the services provided in the framework of the Touristic Service, representing a significant percentage of the price paid by the Customer, FREE RIDER must immediately take the following measures:
– Or propose services to replace the services planned, possibly bearing any additional cost and, if the services accepted by the Customer are of inferior quality, reimburse him, upon his return, the price difference;
– Or, if it cannot propose any replacement service or if these are refused by the Customer for valid reasons, to refund to him, upon his return, the price of the service which could not be provided or replaced.
14. TRANSFER OF THE RESERVATION TO A THIRD PARTY
The Client has the right to transfer his reservation to any third party who meets the requirements for the Tourist Service.
If necessary, the Customer will have to inform FREE RIDER of the transfer of his reservation to a third party by any means allowing to acknowledge receipt, at the latest seven (7) daysbefore the beginning of the Touristic Service, at the contact address indicated in the present document
The Customer and the third party transferor of the reservation will be jointly and severally responsible, with respect to FREE RIDER, for the payment of the balance of the price, of the additional expenses that may be caused by the fact of this transfer, as well as of any sum that will be charged to them for the reservation in accordance with the present terms.
15. MOTORCYCLE RENTAL, SECURITY DEPOSIT AND USE OF PERSONAL MOTORCYCLE
15.1 MOTORCYCLE RENTAL
For tours including motorcycle rental, the vehicles can be provided by a specialized Partner and the cost is included in the tour price. FREE RIDER and the specialized Partner will try to provide the Customer with the motorcycle model confirmed by the latter. If, after having confirmed the motorcycle model requested, FREE RIDER and the specialized Partner consider that it is necessary to substitute a different model before the beginning of the Road Trip, FREE RIDER will inform the Customer as soon as possible. If the Customer does not wish to accept the proposed substitution, he/she may cancel the Road Trip without penalty and the deposit (or the price of the Touristic Service if it has already been paid) will be fully refunded.
Unexpected and uncontrollable situations may require a last minute replacement of a motorcycle, even after the Road Trip has begun. This can be (but the list is not exhaustive) a mechanical breakdown, collision damage or theft. In this case, FREE RIDER reserves the right to replace the confirmed motorcycle type. If FREE RIDER is not able to replace a motorcycle with a motorcycle of the confirmed or similar type, a pro rata refund of the difference in model, if any, will be refunded to the Customer. This constitutes the maximum liability of FREE RIDER.
15.2 SECURITY DEPOSIT
Specialty Partners require a deposit. The amount may vary depending on the Specialized Partner, the region of travel and the model. The Customer will be asked to pay the deposit in case of damage when collecting the motorcycle from the Specialized Partner.
The Customer will be informed of the amount of this deposit before the Road Trip.
The term “damage” excludes normal wear and tear. For example, small imperfections or paint chips caused by gravel, stones and insects are considered normal wear and tear. Damage or scratches caused by an accident, dropping a motorcycle or riding it off the road are not considered normal wear and tear.
The use of alcohol or psychotropic substances is strictly prohibited prior to the use of the motorcycles. Operation of a vehicle by a Customer under the influence of alcohol or any other prohibited substance will render the damage waiver signed by the Customer null and void and the Customer will incur unlimited liability for damage to the motorcycle.
FREE RIDER is not bound to replace a motorcycle damaged by the Customer or damaged in a traffic accident.
With regard to the vehicles, the Customer is obliged to comply with the rental agreement concluded with the Specialized Partner. In particular, in the event of an accident with a third party, a police report must be provided in order to claim the motorcycle insurance.
15.3 CONDITIONS OF USE OF MOTORCYCLES
The customer who wishes to drive a motorcycle rented as part of a trip organized by FREE RIDER must be at least 21 years old and hold a valid motorcycle driving license of at least two years. We draw your attention to the fact that FREE RIDER is not responsible for the rental conditions required by the Specialized Partner.
15.4 RENTAL AND DEPOSIT – OTHER VEHICLE
For tours that include vehicle rental, vehicles may be provided by a Specialized Partner. In this case, a security deposit of up to €5,000 may be required by this Specialized Partner at the time the Client accepts delivery of the vehicle. The deposit will be returned by the Specialized Partner upon return of the undamaged vehicle. If the vehicle has been damaged, the security deposit will be treated as an insurance excess and part or all of the security deposit will be retained by the Specialized Partner to cover the damage.
On FREE RIDER trips that allow it, the Customer who wishes to drive a four-wheeled vehicle provided by a Specialized Partner, is bound by the conditions established by the Specialized Partner, including age and driving license.
15.5 CLIENTS USING THEIR MOTORCYCLE OR PERSONAL VEHICLE
No motorcycle insurance will be provided by FREE RIDER for Customers who provide their own motorcycle or personal vehicle.
FREE RIDER asks its Customers in this situation to provide a copy of their driver’s license, as well as a copy of the registration certificate and insurance certificate of their personal vehicle used for the trip.
16. RISK INFORMATION NOTICE
The Customer commits himself to read the entirety of the Risk Information Notice (in Annex 1 of the present document) which will have been communicated to him at the time of his reservation, to complete it and to return it to FREE RIDER, duly signed, before the beginning of the Touristic Service.
The Customer is informed of the risks inherent to driving the Vehicle and participating in the Touristic Event, and in particular, of the physical and psychological damage, emotional suffering, trauma, illnesses or infections to which he/she may be subjected, technical incidents and breakdowns that may affect the motorcycle or the course of the Touristic Event, and in general, of all difficulties related to climatic or environmental conditions in the destination country, which may occur before, during or after the Touristic Event.
In particular, the Customer is aware and acknowledges that in the context of the Touristic Services, he/she may have to drive a Vehicle (motorcycle, car, etc.) in difficult conditions, which may be delicate or dangerous for his/her driving or for his/her safety: driving over long distances, for several days in a row, at high or low temperatures or in difficult weather conditions, etc.
With regard to these elements, and in accordance with article 18 below, the Customer guarantees to FREE RIDER to be in a good physical shape, sufficient to participate in the Touristic Service.
By signing the present contract and participating in the Touristic Service, the Client acknowledges being informed of the existence of such risks and accepts them.
17. OBLIGATIONS OF THE CLIENT
Under the terms of the present contract, the Client undertakes, throughout the duration of the Touristic Service:
– To respect all the conditions and commitments stated in the contractual documents of FREE RIDER, namely: the registration form, the Sales Conditions and the Risk Information Notice (in Annex 1) given at the time of reservation;
– To respect the laws and regulations in force which would be applicable to them under the reservation or participation in a Tourist Service;
– To follow all the instructions, recommendations and/or advices that could be given to them by FREE RIDER, its representatives, employees, agents, service providers, by guides or any accompanying person, competent public authorities in France or in the country of destination, or any other competent organization or authority (such as the WHO), before and during the Touristic Service, such as those inherent to the security of goods and persons, to the sanitary risks or any other risk, to the use of the motorcycle or any other means of transport, if necessary, to the practice of the itineraries or tours, to their driving in all the places of execution of the service, etc.In this respect, it is specified that the Client drives and navigates under his sole responsibility.
– Not to deliberately or negligently endanger himself or herself, including in the operation of the Vehicle, and in this regard, to wear a helmet and any protective equipment required for the operation of the Vehicle at all times.
– To inform themselves of the risks inherent to their participation in the Touristic Service with seriousness and diligence, as indicated by FREE RIDER as well as with the competent authorities indicated in the present document, and this until the day of their departure;
– To take with the utmost seriousness and consideration any and all undertakings and obligations placed upon them hereunder.
The Customer guarantees FREE RIDER against any infringement of the rights of FREE RIDER or the rights of third parties, the legislation and regulations applicable in the country of destination and in France, in accordance with the principles of loyalty and good faith contractual.
In particular, he guarantees FREE RIDER of any identity theft or any misleading, falsified, inaccurate or incorrect information, even if only partially, and this even due to their sole negligence for any reason whatsoever, since this information is requested under the present.
The Customer guarantees to FREE RIDER, in particular and without prejudice to other conditions set forth herein, to fulfill the following conditions:
(i) Be of legal age
(ii) If Customer is a pilot:
(iii) have held a valid motorcycle/car/driving license required for participation in the Touristic Service for at least two (2) years;
(iv) To have the level declared to FREE RIDER and corresponding to the level required for his participation in the Touristic Service, and to be used to driving the chosen Vehicle in difficult conditions; to be in good physical shape, including hearing and vision, and sufficient for their participation (not to suffer from heart failure or other serious insufficiency, incompatible with the driving of a motorcycle or a vehicle during a Road Trip); as such
(v) be the holder of a medical certificate issued by a doctor attesting to the physical capacity to drive the Vehicle and participate in a Road Trip on this type of Vehicle over long distances;
(vi) Comply with traffic and safety regulations and in particular the speed limits applicable in the country of driving;
(vii) Be up to date with all necessary administrative and health formalities (visas, passports, vaccinations, etc.) and in particular be in possession of all required valid administrative documents;
(viii) Have sufficient financial resources to support himself or herself until the end of the Touristic Event.
The Client must ensure that he/she is fit to participate in the Touristic Event (in particular, to drive a motorcycle) without endangering his/her life and the lives of other participating Clients. Any illness requiring medical assistance must be reported in writing at the time of the quote request and in any case, if it occurs after the reservation, before departure. No reservation or participation will be accepted if the Client is in a physical or mental condition that does not allow such participation, or could make it difficult or even dangerous for one of the Clients.
In addition, the Customer is informed that the guides or any accompanying person (if applicable) have a role limited to the simple supervision of the Tour. They are not in any way responsible for the risks taken by the Customer in driving the Vehicle, and which the Customer necessarily faces when driving this type of Vehicle, as informed in the Risk Information Notice.
The Customer remains personally responsible for the risks he/she takes while driving the Vehicle during the Touristic Service, towards him/her and towards other participants or any person who might come into contact with his/her Vehicle.
In addition, the Customer remains solely responsible for the vehicle entrusted to him and for the payment of the insurance deductible in case of damage to the vehicle, any damage or theft.
In this respect, in case of delivery of the Vehicle by a third party Specialized Partner, the Customer is informed that in some countries, the delivery of the Vehicle does not systematically give rise to a complete and preliminary verification of the Vehicle under the control of the Customer, consequently FREE RIDER cannot be held responsible in case of litigation with the third party Specialized Partner supplier of the Vehicle.
19. RESPONSIBILITY OF FREE RIDER
FREE RIDER’s professional liability
FREE RIDER is insured by GENERALI Generali Professionels – 75456 Paris Cedex 09 under the contract n° AT084610 dated 11/02/2021 for the Professional Liability Insurance.
The insurances subscribed by FREE RIDER are distinct from any insurance subscribed personally by the Customer, in particular for the coverage of the damage suffered personally by the latter and/or by third parties.
Exemption from liability
FREE RIDER may be exempted from all or part of its responsibility by proving that the non-performance or improper execution of the contract is attributable either to the Customer, or to the unforeseeable and insurmountable fact of a third party alien to the provision of services provided in the contract, or to a case of force majeure.
As an example, the Customer’s act may be:
(i) The loss or theft of tickets by the Customer, or of any object in the Customer’s custody;
(ii) Non-presence of the Client on the day of the beginning of the Touristic Service (refusal to embark, premature disembarkation, etc.);
(iii) Customer’s failure to present the necessary identification documents for travel, or presentation of invalid and/or non-compliant documents to the registration or customs authorities.
FREE RIDER cannot be held responsible for any incident/accident, including traffic accident, or personal injury resulting from a personal initiative of the Customer, or any imprudence on his part or any failure by the latter to meet his obligations in the context of driving the Vehicle made available to him, including with regard to the Highway Code and traffic rules applicable in the country of driving, instructions given to him (including in terms of safety, wearing of the case and any necessary equipment) or misuse of the Vehicle.
Consequently, the costs and expenses incurred by an incident/accident, including traffic accidents, caused by the Customer shall be borne solely by the Customer.
20. FORCE MAJEURE
FREE RIDER can in no case be held responsible in case of force majeure.
It is understood by “force majeure”, in the sense of the present, any event external to FREE RIDER presenting a character both unforeseeable and insurmountable preventing FREE RIDER and / or one of its employees, servants, service providers, Specialized Partner or any other partner, intervening in the realization of the Touristic Service, to perform all or part of its / their obligations under the present, and in particular and not exclusively, in case of :
(i) Strike of transport services, air traffic controllers, hotel staff, or any other personnel involved in the realization of all or part of the Touristic Service;
(ii) Riots, insurrections, social movements ;
(iii) Cancellation due to climatic, geographical, sanitary or political conditions threatening the Client’s life, safety or health, or preventing the proper performance of the Tourism Service;
(iv) Cancellation by order of an administrative or other competent public authority.
(v) Natural disasters, bad weather or meteorological conditions making impossible the realization of all or part of the Touristic Service for FREE RIDER and/or the Specialized Partner, independently of their will.
21. CLAIM – CONTACT
The Customer has the possibility to address to FREE RIDER any complaint related to the Touristic Service.
The claim must be accompanied by supporting documents and sent by mail with acknowledgment of receipt to FREE RIDER at the contact address below.
The complaint must be addressed to FREE RIDER within a maximum period of thirty (30) days from the end of the Touristic Service. After this period, any claim will not be accepted and will be declared inadmissible.
No claim will be accepted for loss(s), damage(s) or theft(s) of luggage, clothing or personal items placed under the personal supervision of the Customer during the stay, except for proven fault of FREE RIDER or service providers involved in the realization of the trip.
Any request for information, clarification and follow-up of a reservation, as well as any claim under this article, can be addressed to FREE RIDER at the addresses present on the Site.
22. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
FREE RIDER commits to respect the personal data of the Customer, and of any concerned person whose personal data would be collected by FREE RIDER (hereinafter, the “Concerned Person”) within the framework of the request for quotation, the reservation and the participation of the Touristic Services, or during any exchange with the latter within the framework of its professional activity. The personal data of the Client/Person Concerned is the information that allows the Client/Person Concerned to be identified directly or indirectly.
The Customer / The Person Concerned are led to provide this type of information (name, first name, email or postal address) voluntarily when requesting an online quote and, if applicable, a reservation with FREE RIDER.
THE PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED BY FREE RIDER MAY BE USED BY FREE RIDER, ITS EMPLOYEES OR ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS FOR THE PURPOSE OF PROVIDING TOURIST SERVICES TO THE CUSTOMERS/PERSONS CONCERNED WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF ITS ACTIVITY, AND IN PARTICULAR FOR THE PURPOSE OF PROCESSING RESERVATIONS MADE WITH FREE RIDER OR TO RESPOND TO ANY REQUEST OR QUESTION CONCERNING THE SITE OR THE SERVICES OFFERED WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF TOURIST SERVICES.
CUSTOMERS/DATA SUBJECTS ARE INFORMED THAT FREE RIDER MAY DISCLOSE THEIR PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES, SUBJECT TO THE EXPRESS PRIOR CONSENT OF THE CUSTOMER/DATA SUBJECT OR ANY COMPETENT PUBLIC AUTHORITY WHERE REQUIRED BY LAW AND REGULATION.
The personal data of the Customers/Persons concerned will be kept by FREE RIDER in a strictly confidential way and will be able to be re-used only for the purposes for which they were collected and for purposes to which the persons concerned have expressly consented.
For any other use of personal data of the concerned Customers/Persons, for purposes other than those mentioned above, FREE RIDER undertakes to collect the prior consent of the concerned Customers/Persons.
23. PHOTO AND VIDEO MATERIAL
The photos and videos produced by FREE RIDER or its representatives during a trip are the property of FREE RIDER and the copyright remains with FREE RIDER. FREE RIDER may use this material for promotional and publicity purposes, including images in which individual Clients on the trip may be recognized, without charge for the use of this material.
24. ONE TREE PLANTED
Because we love our planet, we decided to explore it.
Because we travel by motorcycle and know its impact on the environment, we want to limit our carbon footprint by making a donation toOneTreePlanted for each rider and for each dayof the Road Trip.
The amount of the donation toOneTreePlanted is taken from our own profit and does not increase our rates in any way.
25. DATE OF THE RESERVATION, DATE OF THE SERVICE AND EFFECTIVE DATE
The date of the reservation corresponds to the date of reception of the confirmation of the reservation by the Customer, which is sent by FREE RIDER in writing after reception of the contractual documents (registration form, Sales Conditions and Information Notice on the Risks) signed with the required handwritten mentions, for the other cases of reservation
The date of the Touristic Service is the starting date of the Touristic Service as indicated on the registration form and confirmed in writing by FREE RIDER before the departure, unless expressly modified by FREE RIDER in writing before the departure in accordance with the present conditions.
These Special Terms and Conditions of Sale shall take effect as of the date of their acceptance by the Customer in accordance with the terms of acceptance defined herein.
26. COMPETENT JURISDICTION
The laws of the State of Delaware, USA, shall govern these Terms and Conditions. You consent by signing them to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Castle County, Delaware, USA, for any dispute arising out of or relating to travel arrangements with FREE RIDER.
If any part of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimer and limitations of liability set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the agreement will remain in effect.
The present Special Conditions of Sale constitute the entire agreement between the Customer and FREE RIDER concerning the reservations of Road Trips made with FREE RIDER by any means whatsoever, and they replace all previous or contemporary communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between the Customer and FREE RIDER concerning communications with FREE RIDER. A printed version of this contract and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based on or relating to these Special Conditions of Sale to the same extent and under the same conditions as other documents and business records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
27. LANGUAGE OF CONTRACTUAL DOCUMENTS
All reservations made with FREE RIDER are made in French.
However, the Sales Conditions translated into English are also available to the Customer at the time of booking.
APPENDIX 1 – RISK INFORMATION SHEET
By signing this Contract, the Client declares on his honour that he has read the information notice on the risks set out below.
- Agree to respect the rules and laws in force in the country or countries visited
(traffic regulations, transport/licence/use of illegal substances…)
The Client declare :
- Be of age and hold a valid motorcycle license from my home country and an international motorcycle license if I am a rider
- Be aware that motorcycling is a risky activity and that the possibility of a fall with serious consequences exists and take responsibility for it
- Be aware that the state of the roads, the traffic, the practices of local users increase the risk of accidents and assume responsibility for them
- Be aware that the consumption of alcohol or drugs is strictly forbidden before riding a motorcycle according to the laws of the country visited as well as the rules of FREE RIDER
- Accept the authority of the FREE RIDER motorcycle guide if my trip is accompanied. I will abide by the rules of riding in a group
- Accept that the FREE RIDER motorcycle guide can send back a participant in case of non respect of the group riding rules or of alcohol or drug consumption, including me
- Accept the risks linked to the distance from the medical centers and to the local sanitary conditions
- Accept any decision made by the FREE RIDER motorcycle escort to repatriate me in case of inability to reach the repatriation specialists of my insurance
- Be physically fit to ride 7 hours per day (or more depending on the Road Trip selected) to complete each stage of the Road Trip even if this one should in exceptional cases be longer than planned in the program
- To have consulted a doctor and to have obtained his agreement for the practice of the motorcycle within the framework of the chosen Road Trip
- Agree to abide by the regulations, including police or health formalities during the trip. In compliance with the traffic regulations of the country visited, I agree not to exceed the speed limits indicated on the road under any circumstances
- Accept that any abandonment or modification of the program on my part, as well as the costs incurred for repatriation, will be at my expense and must be settled as soon as possible
- Accept that FREE RIDER cannot be held responsible and that I cannot claim any compensation in case of a traffic accident. Each driver/pilot is solely responsible for his or her own safety
FREE RIDER TERMS OF SALE LAST UPDATED: NOVEMBER 2022